Flag

Flag

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Last weekend

We went to Rimini for a girls weekend.  It was nice not to be sightseeing the whole day and just relax.  The beach at Rimini was similar to the Jersey shore, except all the guys wear speedos and people sell you random things on the beach.  Tons of people come up asking if you want a henna tattoo, or clothes, or a massage (some of us did give into the massage which was well worth the 5 euros).  The shopping was great and we had a great view of the beach from our hotel.  At night the city came to life and tons of people were out and about.  I think there were more people from other countries on holiday than there were Italians there.  There were a lot of Germans and Eastern Europeans there which was cool to see some other nationalities around the town.  We left Sunday morning and the very last train we took from Parma to Brescia was the smallest train I have ever seen.  It was only two cars and no air conditioning.  What a fun ride!  That night we had an aperitif with some officials from Brescia.  The food was amazing and we got some cool shirts.  Then we all went out to our favorite gelaterias and got our last gelato from Italy.  I wanted to cry the entire time I was packing my bag.  Brescia became my home over the past month.  I met so many people and I can order hot chocolate, pasta, and gelato, so I would say I could survive a lifetime in Italy.  I am going to miss the people I met and the sights I've seen greatly.  I can only hope I'll be able to go back sometime soon!  We had a spectacular group from GMC go and I already miss them.  I am glad that there are back in the States also so we can reminisce together about our experience.  I am so happy I went on this trip and would not change a single thing about it.  It is the single best thing I have ever done in my life so far.  Arrivederci Brescia!



 on the deck of our hotel

The last train we took in Italy...

Our sweet t-shirts! 

Last bike ride through the "European Market Square" as I liked to call it the entire trip

My FAVORITE Gelateria.  


Arrivederci Italia!

No comments:

Post a Comment