Flag

Flag

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Lago di Garda

Yesterday a group of us went to Lake Garda and an amusement park called Gardaland. As much as I have loved all the beautiful places we have gone thus far, I have to admit this has been my favorite day since I got here. Not only was it the most beautiful lake I have ever seen, but it gave me a familiar taste of home, which you can't help but miss when your so far away. Being at the beach and by the water just made me want to cry, because it was such a familiar feeling standing by the lake. The only difference was the scenery, off in the distance you could see mountains covered with snow, yet people were standing in their bathing suits and swimming in the water, quite a contradicting scene. It was amazing.
Than the latter part of the day we spent at an amusement park, it was only four of us together, but that kind of was  reason the day just seemed to flow so smoothly, being in a large group would have been very difficult in the 45 minute wait lines. It was soo amazing there, it was like a tiny Disney World only 20 minutes away from where we are staying. Rides were everywhere, we went on rollercoasters, and the rapids ride. It was such a fun time, and as before gave us a feeling of home, at least for a day. It was the perfect taste of home where now we are ready for another two weeks of nothing but pure Italia. Italian culture must be VERY different from American though, because no one complained when people would budge, and people would smoke while standing in line! We hated that part, it really was disgusting having it blown in your face while you were waiting, but we did our best to keep moving up.

Overall, I just had such a wonderful day, and I think the other girls would agree. We plan on going back again to the beach, with a larger group of people this time, and just enjoying the weather and the scenery... Rome is this weekend, so I better start getting ready! This is the trip I have been waiting for!!

Ciao


Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment