Flag

Flag

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Culture SHOCK.

I can not begin to tell you what a culture shock this has been. Coming to a place where we are the ones who do not speak a word of Italian, having people get frustrated with us, and stare at us like were a zoo exhibit is very different. However, I can't say I don't love it, because I do!!! I love the experience, everyday is a culture, and some people are so cute when they laugh at us trying to speak their language. We really do try our best! Today we got our bikes and there was about 17 of us all riding together, which is so hard through a small town where everyone is walking and driving, and we share a road with both. We did our best not to hit any pedestrians, or pigeons (which there are a TON of).

Also,  I have never seen such a beautiful town. It is nothing like America. Every building seems to be from a time of true art. Everything is so intricate, from the huge statues to the tiny carvings into the marble and stone. It is captivating, I wanted to take a picture of everything I was seeing. I don't want to miss a single thing that there is to see, and I want to experience everything I can.  I look forward to everyday that I am here. If I love Brescia I can't imagine what seeing all the other places will be like, Rome, Venice, Florence. They are obviously going to blow my mind! So Italy here I come!!


Next stop, Gelato.


-Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment