Flag

Flag

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Verona!!

Yesterday after our Italian language and cultures class, a group of about 11 of us decided to travel to Verona for the remainder of the day and evening. After biking to the train station, which was easier than expected, we attempted to get tickets. Most of us got our tickets by the time the train arrived, but we had to leave Jon and Jenna at the station because they still needed tickets. We got to Verona and waited for them to arrive to start our little adventure.  Once they got there, we walked to Juilet's balcony and saw the wall of love letters and notes. It was such a beautiful and amazing sight to see all of the different people that put their love on this wall. I put my own addition on this wall as well :) We also touched Juliet's right breast because it is said to bring good luck to those that touch it.  That was quite an interesting experience. After Juliet's balcony we traveled to Romeo's, which was much less exciting. It was just a door, but now I can say I have been there.  After this, we shopped in an outdoor market for a little while and had dinner at one of the more American restaurants we have seen since we have been here.  I got a hamburger and french fries and enjoyed it thoroughly.  Once dinner was over, there was not too much else to see so we hopped on the train to go home.  It is very surreal to say I have now been to Verona and on Saturday I will be in Florence.  I am not sure if it has really hit me, even a week into the trip, that I am living in Italy.  This has been such an experience and there is so much more to come!! -Michelle



No comments:

Post a Comment