Flag

Flag

Friday, June 3, 2011

My dream home!

Ciao!!
So I have definitely found my future home!  Lake Ieso is soooooo unbelievably beautiful!  Thursday was an Italian holiday so we had off from classes and spent the day at Mrs. Clewis's summer house on the Lake.  We had a cooking class at the house and made a traditional 4 course Italian meal.  First of all, not to be bias or anything but it turned out spectacularly!! We made Pirlo which is the famous wine of Brescia.  It is made with white wine, apparlo, and spritz(selzer water) and served with and orange slice.  Then we had our antipasti which was made of different meats such as salami, credo, prosciutto, and other forms of ham with different cheeses and bread.  For the first course we made Penne panchetta alla Carbanara. It is penne pasta with panchetta which is a type of bacon mixed with an egg and cheese sauce!!! It was fantastic!  Then we had Roast Beef al Limone which was really good too!  Then the best part of the meal in my opinion was the homemade tiramisu!! It was out of this world!  Jenn, Kat and I were in a group together and not to brag or anything but our tiramisu went so quickly hahahaha no but everyone's turned out delicious! I really cannot wait to make these authentic Italian dishes at home for my family.  The day at the lake not only very filling (I almost went into a food coma) but it was so relaxing.  After we finished eating we explored the lake and even feed some ducks. I fell in love with Lake Iseo and I am determined to move there ahahaha :) Photos to come.

                                  The Iseo Lake...This is now my dream home
                              Kat and Jen making our group's Tiramisu!! sooo good
                                               Pasta alla Carbonara sooooo yummy <3
                                Found this little guy when we were walking along the lake.

Ciao for now!
Justine :)

1 comment:

  1. The view of Lake Iseo is really beautiful! I always wanted to learn how to cook. I tried looking for cooking classes to attend but my schedule just wouldn't allow me to.

    Randolph Coleson

    ReplyDelete