Flag

Flag

Monday, June 6, 2011

ROMA!!! The Eternal City:)

The weekend in Rome was fantastic!  The food was good and the atmosphere was even better.  The hustle and bustle or Rome was so cool to experience.  Before even leaving for Italy Mrs. Clewis warned us that Rome was gigantic and even spending the weekend in Rome we will not be able to see even 5% of Rome so we were told to plan ahead.  So we had the main attractions in mind that were "must see".  Rome is a huge city and Im so glad we were able to see almost all the things we planned.  Friday, after a really loooooong train ride we spent the day in Vatican City.  We took a tour through the Vatican museum and saw so many paintings, statues, and places that I had learned about in my history books.  I thought I knew alot about Roman history clafrom all the history classes I have had, but I was so wrong.  There was so much detail and information behind that tiny city.  Walking in the footsteps of the Romans was surreal.  I learned so much and got to see even more.  We saw the Vatican up close and the room where the cardinals elect the pope.  We saw the Sistine Chapel painted by Michaelangelo, which was absolutely breathtaking.  I even took a picture, which you weren't aloud to do, but shoooshhh no one needs to know:)  St. Peter's Basilica was gorgeous too.  Saturday, we tried to fit everything else in.  We took a bus tour to get around everywhere.  We saw the Colosseum, Pantheon, Spanish steps, and so much more.  The Trevi fountain was by far my Favorite!!! It was so beautiful and big and the water was so clear.  Seriously spectacular! I made a wish and tossed my coin into the fountain so hopefully it comes true:)! Rome was amazing and I hope one day I get to return and see more of the Eternal city:)
                                            The Trevi Fountain...my FAVORITE :)
                                                             Making a wish :)
Pope John Paul II
                                                                The Vatican at night
                                                             The Colosseum! So much History!!
Ciao<3
Justine

No comments:

Post a Comment