Flag

Flag

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Rome=)

Rome was so beautiful, I wish we could have stayed there longer. There are so many beautiful sites and places to see in Rome. When we first arrived on friday, we took a bus to our hotel and I was just amazed by all the intricate architecture. On friday, we did a tour of the Vatican city. I was glad we did an actual tour instead of just walking through ourselves because I received so much more information I would have never known. I am still in shock that I saw the sistine chapel. Since Rome is so spread out, we decided to get a bus tour so we would be able to see everything without walking. It was the best decision, we got to see all the major sites. As I walked into the coliseum, I was astonished. It was in almost perfect condition and it was built around 70 a.d.. Not only was the coliseum beautiful, it also provided a great view of the surrounding areas in Rome. I think my favorite place was the Trevi Fountain. It made me feel so relaxed and it was a great place to relax on a hot day. I even filled up my water bottle from the Trevi Fountain. Overall, Rome was great, I can understand why everyone says its the best city.
Erin
St. Peter's Basilica 

 Inside Vatican City

 Coliseum


Making a wish at the Trevi Fountain
The beautiful Trevi Fountain

No comments:

Post a Comment