Flag

Flag

Monday, June 6, 2011

Roma

Ciao,
Finally back from a tiring weekend in Roma. The first day we went to Vatican City. I knew about the same amount as our tour guide after 13 years of catholic school, but it was still incredible to see everything! The art work was incredible and the collection was just so extensive if was unreal. The Sistine Chapel was even more amazing than I thought it would be. The Basilica was incredible. Inside we saw the Pieta, bodies of Popes who are now saints (I saw my alma mater St. Pius X!) and fountains and Blessed Pope John Paul II's memorial area. Then after we got out we finally saw some Swiss Guards. We then wandered around a little and found a fabulous restaurant. The owner kept serving us dishes one after another. The fried Baccala was my favorite. We had a full meal and he only charged us about half of what he should have. The next day (Saturday) we saw everything we were told to see in Roma. After of course eating a delicious breakfast at Mc Donalds. The first place I was able to find a frappe at! First we saw the Trevi Fountain which was breathtaking. Then we wandered a little and found the Pantheon, I was surprised how close it was. Inside we saw Rafael's grave. It was incredible inside. Then we were off to the Spanish Steps, the view from the top was great. Then last but not least we made our way to the Colosseum. I was so excited to be there after learning about it in great detail in history class. I loved all the history Roma had to offer and still cannot believe I walked where Romans and other great rulers walked before me. It was very impressive. I am sad I only got to see a little bit of Rome, I could easily go back a spend an entire week or two there. I know I'll be back though because I threw my coin in the Trevi Fountain :) -Sarah



St. Pius X!





No comments:

Post a Comment