Flag

Flag

Friday, June 10, 2011

Venezia!

Okay, first off, they weren't kidding when everyone said that the whole town was actually under water! This trip to Venice might have been the coolest thing I've seen in Italy yet, besides standing on top of the Duomo in Florence.  I don't even think I can begin to describe this town to be close to anything in America.  We started off the day by taking the train into the center of town.  As soon as we got off the train, we were all in shock when we finally made it to a city where it was impossible to have a near death experience by getting hit by cars, simply because there weren't any! There was not one car in sight obviously everyone owned a boat, which was awesome.  Basically the first thing we did, besides taking pictures was we rented a Gondola.  When I was younger, I went to Las Vegas with my family and went on one of their Gondolas.  As fun as that was, it did not even compare to the real Gondola ride in Venice!  Just the whole experience of riding through the streets and the main canal was just an experience in itself.  After our Gondola ride we walked around the town and looked at the shops.  As many of you know, Venice is famous for its "masks" and that many things are made of glass.  So of course, I had to treat myself to a glass ring, and bought souvenirs for my family!  I was so happy and content with the day, I couldn't ask for anything more.  And good news, IT DIDN'T RAIN! The first day in about 5 days that we had a clear hot day!

The Main Canal

Speed Limit! Really? Haha

GELATI <3333

Main Canal again

Gondola :)


Ciao!
Natalia! <---New Italian Name :)

No comments:

Post a Comment