Flag

Flag

Sunday, May 22, 2011

First and second days

The flight from Philly to London (which was almost 7 hours) was not as bad as I figured it would be. They had their own little TVs that let us choose music, tv shows, and movies to play. The flight from London to Milan (which was only an hour and a half), in all honesty, seemed longer than the previous. Maybe it was more the anticipation of just getting there but I could not wait to get off of the second flight. Arriving in Milan was so exciting and I quickly learned how not to take money out. I took out 100 euros from this money exchange thing and they had a 23% interest rate. Basically, I lost 23 euros just for taking out a hundred. I'll never do that again.. but big no harm done.

The first half-day was great. We went to the closest mall-area and bought these piadina things which were awesome. The first time I really felt like I was in another country though was when we rode our bikes around the city. The whole scenery and atmosphere was absolutely awesome. We rode around the city for a while until we reached this corner which upon turning at we saw a huge mountainside (I'll get up a picture when I can). This was the Italy I had been waiting for. We had fun that night and woke up to an even better day of a really nice mass in a church that was over 1300 years old, working out, more great food, and several naps. All the naps I took yesterday has thrown off my sleeping a bit which is why I'm currently up at 6:00 in the morning (in Italy). These first few days have been amazing and I am really have a great time.

- Drew



No comments:

Post a Comment