Flag

Flag

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Lake Garda

Today was perfect! We traveled to Lake Garda and I was shocked by the beauty. The clear blue lake with the mountains, trees, and houses in the background.
I kept thinking to myself that this has to be a dream. We had our philosophy class on the rocks of the lake. I think we should have class there everyday! It was so tranquil and beautiful; a perfect setting to learn about italian philosophers. After class we went to the beach. It was a little different than the Jersey shore, instead of sand it was rocks, which was very hard to walk on but we got used to it. Some italians told us the water was too dirty to swim in but I could see me my feet in the water. I think it was cleaner than the Jersey shore, the only dirty part was a little algae on the top of the water. Our italian friends that we met on the orientation met up with us and they showed us the best place to get our favorite italian food, a piadina. Besides the fact that we missed our train back to Brescia and had to take a more expensive one it was a great trip and I am looking forward to going back again and this time renting a paddle boat.


Ciao Erin=)

No comments:

Post a Comment