Flag

Flag

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Take off!

I have dreamed about going to Europe ever since I was little, and going to Italy has always been top on my destination list.  I am still in disbelief that I am actually going to not just another country, but another continent!  I've been very anxious for this trip all year.  I'm surprised I made it through finals, cause it has been the only thing I've been thinking about constantly for the past 2 weeks.  Luckily time flew by with traveling for tennis last weekend.  I came back and it was time to start packing.  I wish I would have packed before I moved out of school.  All of my stuff was in different bags and scattered throughout the house.  I can pack for two weeks no problem, but packing for a month has been a challenge.  I'm glad that I can buy most of my things in Brescia, but I just have no idea what to expect, so I packed a little of everything.  I've been asking all of my cousins that have been to Italy before where to go and what to do.  It sounds like I am going to be eating pizza a lot because they all raved about it.  I hope learning a language in a different country will help me pick it up quick and hopefully the language will stick with me.  I hope to learn more about the Italian culture and learn how Europeans live such stress free lives.  The only expectation I have is that I have a great time, and I'm sure I will.  I am so happy I am going, it is a great way to kick off the summer.  My entire is so happy I am going and they have all been wishing me their best.  I cannot wait to show them all the pictures I plan on taking and tell them about my travels.
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment