Flag

Flag

Monday, May 30, 2011

Florence and Pisa

What a perfect weekend! It was filled with great food, amazing views, beautiful buildings and tons of fun. After traveling on the train for so long we finally arrived to Pisa. We fit right in with all the other tourists. Of course we had fun taking a ton of pictures with the leaning tower or Pisa.

After having enough fun in Pisa, it continued when we arrived in Florence. We all had different hotels but we decided to meet for dinner and all eat together. The best part of the restaurant was the food was in English, I could understand what I was ordering. I order tortellini's and they were amazing!
On Saturday, I climbed all 463 steps to the top of the Duomo. I was exhausted but it was totally worth it. The view of Florence was breath taking. I could see everything; all the buildings, the bridges, and even the mountains behind the city. I was so shocked by the view that I walked around the Duomo about four times.

I was also able to see the statue of David, the pig, the bridge and much more. Florence is filled with beautiful art and architecture. Besides all of the amazing sites I was able to do a little shopping.
Our last night in Florence, we decided to eat at the same restaurant so I decided to get raviolis this time. I did not think anything could top my tortellini's until I ate the raviolis. They were homemade and in the best sauce I had ever had.
If I thought Florence was amazing, I cannot wait for Rome, especially since everyone tells me that Rome is better. So far this experience in Italy has been incredible and I have only been here a little over a week.
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment