Flag

Flag

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Ever since I finished finals I had a feeling as if I was stuck in time. I wanted to start summer vacation but I knew that my year still wasn't done. I knew that I was leaving for Italy in 2 weeks. So I kind of felt like i was unable to do something productive, so I relaxed, packed, and spent time with my girlfriend. Now the past 3 days have felt like a lifetime. I've been feeling 3 different emotions; nervous, excited, and sad. I'm nervous because of the unknown. I am excited because I'm going to a new country, learn new things, and experience an entirely different lifestyle. I'm sad because of what I'm leaving behind...I know that I'll only be gone for a month, but still a month is a long time. But that hasn't made me change my mind to whether or not I was going to go.
I look back at why I wanted to go on this study abroad program in the first place. I wanted to see new things and open my eyes to another world. I wanted to go outside of my box and have an experience of a lifetime.
Now, I'm attempting to relax and spend time with my family and my girlfriend before I leave. I'm learning the relaxing part is the harder part of my day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment